Posted on 2016-01-22 by Author admin
Houston Garage Door Specialists will today help you learn how to adjust your garage door rollers! Afterwards, with a little maintenance, your rollers should continue to function smoothly for a duration.
Clamp New Garage Door Rollers Pry bar Large flat head screwdriver A Helper Pliers
- Begin by opening your garage door fully. Put a clamp on to the garage door track approximately 2/3 of the way up the garage door opening.
- Release the door from the opener by pulling on the fixed release rope. For extra safety, remove the garage door opener from the power outlet. Near the top of the garage door track use pliers to bend the garage door track slightly open. Align the first garage door roller with the opening. Utilize the flat head screwdriver and place it between the track and the roller. Pry the garage door roller out of the garage door track. Remove the old garage door roller.
- Slide a new garage door roller in and place the roller back into the garage door track. Roll the door down to the next roller and repeat the same process for removing and replacing garage door rollers. When you have substituted the bottom 4 rollers, you will realize that you will not be able to substitute the top one because it will not align with the opening in the garage door track. Bend the garage door track back into alignment and roll the garage door entirely open.
- Bend a section of garage door track in the center of the overhead section.
- Ensure to have your helper watch the garage door or it might slip from the garage door track and hit you on the head.
(Oh yes, this did occur to me! I got hit hard enough to get me down for the count, however I got right back up and carried on swinging.)
- Pry the last garage door roller out and substitute it. Utilize your pliers to bend the garage door track back into shape.
- Get the clamp out from the garage door track. Plug the garage door opener back in. Re-fix the garage door to the opener by clicking the button which controls the functioning of your garage door (usually on your garage wall.) The garage door should automatically re-fix to the garage door opener.
- Close the garage door and look out for any misalignment of the garage door track. If you require to adjust the garage door tracks, loosen the bolts on the garage door track sides and re-align the garage door track. You may use a pry bar to provide a little leverage to shift the garage door track small increments.
- Tighten all bolts. While you’re at it, ensure all bolts and screws on the tracks and garage are tightened since the vibration of the garage door may usually shake things loose through time.
And that’s it folks! For more garage door repair , garage door installation, garage door maintenance, maintenance tips on keeping your garage in tip top shape, check out Houston Garage Door Specialists website.