Posted on 2016-03-14 by Author admin
Is your garage door not functioning properly? This might be happening due to some problem with your garage door spring. Most of the people simply ignore the springs of the garage door. But the thing to always remember is that the springs are the most important part of your garage door as it helps in smooth opening and closing of your garage door.
The 5 ways to troubleshoot garage door spring are as follows :
1. Broken Spring : If your garage door is not working, check for the spring. If you find your garage door spring broke up into two or more pieces, it is pretty clear that your garage door won’t work and then undoubtedly you need garage door spring replacement for your door. The point here to note is that you must replace both the springs even if only one of them is broken so as to maintain a perfect balance and resume the proper functioning of the garage door.
2. Loose or Broken Cables : not working and you have properly examined that any of the spring is not broken, then you need to explore the cables connected to the springs. May be one of your cables is loose or broken. In order to identify this, you need to examine both the cables. If one is looking different from the other, you have found the problem. All you need to do is to replace the cable, in case if it is broken or tighten it up, in case it is loose.
3. Jammed Garage Door : On the off chance that jammed, then it might be due to broken torsion spring cable. Be extra cautious as working with spring tension is not easy and can be very dangerous too. No wonder, your entire garage door is lifted up by these springs only Easier to do method is to insert a bar in the winding of the garage door spring. With this precaution, you can avoid the danger of garage door falling on you Now you need to use your repair manual to reset the garage door spring tension.
4. Broken Rear Support : On the off chance that your rear support of the garage door appears to be broken, then you need to replace the extension springs of your garage door. Here also, you need to take utmost care as these extension springs are dangerous too. You must replace the pulley when in the open position. You need to stay out of the path of the extension spring so as you might get hit by the spring in case the cable or spring break while you are repairing your garage door.
5. Garage Door Squeaks : If squeak when you open or close your garage door, you do not require any professional help or assistance. Rather, you can simply make use of a spray-on lubricant. However, if the noise is still coming, you must call a professional provider. Always remember, the garage door is very important for the safety of your house. Keep it well maintained.
One of the best companies in that area
For more details visit our website or call us at (844)326-6414, we are available 24/7 for your assistance.